Our self-catering cottages are as the names suggests on a hill. All are welcome and if you have any special needs we are always pleased to advise the suitability of our individual cottages and help wherever we can. Please telephone for personal assistance or email/fax and we will reply ASAP.
With assistance wheelchair access is possible to our cottages, in addition Halfpenny Bridge has easy access to a bedroom and also has easy chairs with arms.
- Bookings/enquiries can be made via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 01805 622432.
- The nearest bus stop is outside the property.
- The nearest train station Barnstaple is 8 miles away; there are taxis at the station.
- Shopping can be ordered online to your cottage, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda and Waitrose all deliver.
- Mobility equipment can be hired locally from the Red Cross in Great Torrington and we are pleased to collect it for your arrival.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- There is ample car parking on the Farm accessible by a stony sloping path.
- The courtyard of cottages has ample lighting and each cottage has its own light at the front door.
- The courtyard is a sloping concrete and floral area leading to all the cottages.
- The courtyard is accessible through a gateway 80cm wide. Cars can park for short times at the entrance.
- Annery Kiln has 2 x 80cm entrance doors, 1 to the kitchen with 3 internal steps down to the hall/bathroom/toilet and lounge and a 1 turn flight of stairs to the bedrooms and the other goes into the hall.
- Beam Weir has 1 x 80cm door into the kitchen and on. The other door goes into the lounge. A 1 turn flight of stairs takes you up to the 3 bedrooms (1 En suite, tiles on floor) and bathroom. Small step into double bedroom.
- Halfpenny Bridge has 1 x 80cm entrance door into the hall/lounge/double bedroom/bathroom and 3 steps to the kitchen/twin bedroom.
- Landcross has 1 step up outside and through a 80cm door into the kitchen with 3 steps with handrail into the lounge. It also has 3 external steps, 1 80cm external door leading into the hall at the bottom of a flight of stairs which takes you to the bathroom/twin and double bedrooms.
- Pebble Ridge An outside slope up to the 73cm entrance door which leads into the hall/kitchen/lounge. A wide staircase with 1 turn leads to bathroom and 3 bedrooms (2 doubles and 1 twin).
- The flooring is short pile carpet and linoleum throughout the cottages.
- All the cottages have Wi-Fi, televisions, CD and DVD players.
- Please do not smoke anywhere inside, all the cottages are fitted with smoke detectors.
- With assistance wheelchair access is possible to our cottages although Halfpenny Bridge is the only one with easy access to a bedroom and also has easy chairs with arms. Please call us for more details 01805 622432.
- We accept well behaved Dogs in Four of our cottages. (Annery Kiln Being the exception)Maximum two medium sized dogs per cottage.
- Charged at £30.00 for one or £50.00 for two per week .
- Dependant on availability at time of booking
- Please bring your own Dog bedding , food and water bowls
- We can supply old towels if required.
- The laundry has a washing machine, tumble drier, iron and board and airing cupboard. Washing lines are provided in the garden and a drying room is provided for the swimming pool.
- The swimming pool is open all year round but to enable us to do this we have a swimming school use the facilities in school term times,This is only for a max of two hours per day and is NOT every Day.The pool is accessed through the games room with a signed for key. The person signing is responsible for all members of their group and must abide by the rules. The pool is open from 9am-8pm and changing rooms, shower and toilet are provided for use within these times.
- The grounds are approx. 6 acres of grass play areas and paddocks for the animals.
Hill Farm, Weare Trees Hill, Great Torrington, Devon, EX38 7EZ
Please contact Mike or Julie on 01805 622432 at any reasonable time as the phone goes to the Farm House.
We welcome all enquiries and assure you of our assistance at all times.